Sassy Friends!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Neon Spun Sugar


Every time I go to Sally's I eyeball the new summer neons by Orly. I've, for some reason, been drawn to the yellow one especially. It's like it calls my name and begs to come home with me. I would even pick it up and walk around with it but still I would put it back and think about how I should have gotten it once I got home. Well my last trip I decided I was tired of mulling it over and I was going to get it! So I get to Sally's and *gasp* I don't see it! Oh wait, someone took the last one and shoved it behind another color! Too bad, it's mine now! HAHAHA! I got the yellow and the blue.
Now, the big question...what can I possibly do with a neon combo that wont look like I dipped my fingers in radioactive goo???
Spun Sugar.



That's what it looked like without a top coat. I actually liked it better without the top coat.

To get this look I started off with my base coat.*
These colors were pretty sheer so I put on a coat of Pure Ice Super Star (white) first.
Then I put 2 coats of Orly Glowstick on all but my ring fingers,
those got 2 coats of Orly Skinny Dip.
Then I just inverted those colors to do the spun sugar look. It takes a little bit of time because you have to wait for the polish to dry to the right consistency to get it to do the strings, but it moves pretty fast after that part. It's also a bit messy, but cleanup can be made easier with the use of an oil around the nail...I used coconut oil but Vaseline would work well, I just didn't have any!

Here's what it looks like with the SV top coat.




It looked fine with the SV but it was difficult to get it on in one coat because
 of how bumpy it is. Plus it took the cool texture away from the design.
Either way it's a great summer time mani!




*Note*
I've found out after I did this mani that my base coat has been my problem problem with premature peeling polish. No one likes PPP! O_O Lol Anyhow...It was a yellow stopper with UV protection that I picked up at Sally's because all of the constant polishing has caused some severe yellowing on my nails. I double checked before I got it to make sure I was suppose to be used for a base coat and not just a solo polish. Yet it peels, after about 18-24 hours, after my mani was finished. So I will only be using it solo from now on. I've found a new one since...Sally Hansen Smooth and Strong Base Coat. It say’s it’s a gel like polish. We shall see if it lasts longer than 24 hours on my next mani.



3 comments:

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...