Sassy Friends!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

2 Challenges 1 Post, Cheater, Cheater, Orange Eater!

Well hello all! I decided, after much debate, to do just one post for both of the challenges that I have homework due for today...My Favorite Food for the My Favorite Things Challenge by Ooh La La Polish and the Color Orange for the 31 Day Challenge by Kimber's Lacquer Korner. I was going to go with Sushi but lets face it I just didn't feel up to drawing/painting all those little rolls and sashimi pieces...I know, I suck! So I went with one of my favorite fruits. I know I went easy, but who really doesn't like oranges???? They ARE amazing! Hello!
For this post I used an array of orange hues.
D&R Apothecary Clownin Around
and Sinful Colors Pull Over, Clementine and Citrine.

I started off with 2 coats of Pull Over. (Don't mind the oops on my middle finger, it disappears once I get to the next step) Now I am fairly sure this color is a dupe for China Glaze Sun Worshiper which I used fairly recently. I may need to do a comparison post soon because application was completely different on these 2 brands. Anyway...


I decided on a sponged gradient look. Don't mind my polish encrusted water glass there, I use it for my water marbling and for sponging so it gets a bit  gookie.



See, no more oops on my middle finger! =)


This was 2 sponged applications. ^^^


I then used Sinful Colors Snow Me White with BM-308 to stamp on my oranges.
I had a horrible stamping night with this look. It took me like a million and one tries before I finally just said foooook it and just left them all jacked up! I was fed up, I don't care!


And applied a coat of D&R Apothecary Clownin Around.
I have used a few of D&R's polishes now and this one is probably my least favorite. It has a nice shimmery orange base and a TON of multi colored, sized and shaped glitters but it was almost impossible to get the glitter out of the bottle. No matter how hard and how long I shook it they mostly stuck to the side and bottom of the bottle.


So here is my orange orange challenge mani....thank god this one was finished!


Make sure to check out the other girls in both of these challenges!



31 Day Challenge




-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa
-Mari at Nailista
-Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L
-Chameleon Stampede
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
My Favorite Things Challenge





14 comments:

  1. Holy Gradient batman! I have to use a stamp!!! I tried to do it with a sponge last night and forget about it - way too hard!! Could have been the colors but whatevs!

    These are gorgeous and I loath stamping too - I'm thinking of giving my slightly used set away for my giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the gradient was with a sponge, I use makeup sponges. I know some people use art sponges or even eyeshadow applicators. The stamping, yes, a pain in the ass...well last night anyway. I can usually pull it off much easier. It took me 2 hours before I gave up. I don't friggin get how some of these girls have such dark, perfect stamping! I hate them!!! LOL j/k!

      Delete
  2. LOL! I think I am the only person in the world who doesn't like oranges, but I love this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You don't like oranges!!!??? LOL Well there had to be someone. That just means theres more for me!

      Delete
  3. Thanks ladies for all the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that gradient is beautiful! and the stamping is Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Your gradients perfect, I keep failing at this! :( X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the worst time with gradient the first 3 or 4 times I attempted. All the tutorials I found (picture, don't thing i've ever seen a video tut) were very lacking in real explanation for how it was actually done.

      Delete
  6. The gradient looks great! I have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this. You've inspired me to give gradient another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh do try it ladies! I love love love gradient nails! So glad that I could inspire someone! =D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...