Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 13 "Animal Print"

 Hello ladies! Sorry I am late once again for the late posting! I had my mani done much earlier but I didn't get around to writing out the post since I went to St Louis to go visit my mommy, sister and the kiddies for the evening. I didn't realise my normally 1 hour drive was going to turn into a 2 hour fiasco! It was raining so friggin hard I got stuck on the highway for a while. Not to mention the 3 stores I went to just to try and find the damn Fantasy Makers. No, I STILL didn't find them, BUT Kimber is my saviour and has volunteered to get pick them up for me so I can stop ranting about it! LOL Thank You Kimber! You may have saved what is actually left of my sanity!
 
Any who...for this day in the challenge I was wanting to do something more than just the typical leopard, tiger, zebra, giraffe print. Not that there is anything wrong with those, I  just wanted something different. The hubster and I were recently at the St Louis Zoo and I am always so in awe of the colorful reptiles and such so I was browsing pictures of colorful frogs and snakes and I came across this picture of a Harlequin Toad, and instantly I needed to use this for my animal print!


 
For this look I used Spoiled by Wet n Wild Uh, As If and Visually Slimming...on my shorter nails I might add! (Stupid break! LOL)
 
 
I wasn't sure how I wanted to recreate the look so I tried to use the Saran Wrap method first...that was a FAIL so I just drew the pink on with a toothpick!

 
Now for the sake of time I just kept the Saran Wrap nails as "accents" LOL


 
So that's my "Animal Print" mani! Friday is flowers!
Now I am going to check out what the other Sassy Painters have done with their day 13 mani's! You should go check them all out too!
 
Also it seems that I am super close to the 100 likes mark on my Facebook page so I will be getting the pictures of the prizes ready and hopefully have it up by the end of the week, Monday at the latest! I am so excited to be having my first giveaway!!!! YAY!

 

20 comments:

  1. oh wow!!! so original, I love the colour combination, very edgy)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully coloured frog, fab mani x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. I can't believe there is a hot pink frog out there. lol So awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. yessss! I love crazy animal prints! This one is amazing with the pink and black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! As soon as I saw that frog I knew it was going to be my mani!!

      Delete
  5. I love the colors!!! Yay for Kimber coming to your rescue!! I'm glad I don't have to hear about it anymore!! Kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, Wah, Wah! I'll just find something else to bitch about! LOL Just kidding! And Yes Thank God for Kimber!!

      Delete
  6. So cute! Amphibians are great candidates for animal prints! I wanted to do something different myself so I ended up doing sea slugs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I saw yours and all I can say is WOW!!!

      Delete
  7. Such awesome inspiration! Your mani looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!!! I adore frogs, was thinking about doing frog skin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty ! Since when did these damn frogs become so pretty!? Lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...