Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Born Pretty Studs and Straight Nail Vinyl Nail Art


Hello again! Today I have a little bit of nail art for you all. I’m really quite happy with how this whole thing turned out. Vary rarely do I think of a particular design then have it actually translate the way I pictured it in my mind onto the nail. 

Kerry, Va Va Voom, Solange

I started off with 2 coats of Takko Lacquer Va Va Voom; a beautiful metallic rust red with scattered holo that takes on a golden shimmer in certain light. I topped that off with Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash.


Next I added some studs from the Born Pretty Store to my ring finger and thumb.

Picture Credit: Born Pretty Store.

These are described as “Delicate Patterns Round Square Stud Rhinestone Nail Art Decoration W/Box” on Born Pretty’s website and they can be found directly by clicking here. These come in a nail wheel as shown above. This wheel contains approximately 300 pieces. There are silver and gold in both round and square and they are 2mm and 3mm in size.


 These studs are very easy to apply, I just use a little clear polish and some tweezers then I top it off with a coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Flash to make sure they are nice and secure. They add a beautiful accent to any manicure, the possibilities are endless with stud manicures. 

I decided that this mani needed something else so I broke out the Straight Nail Vinyls I've been dying to try out for a while now. You can find these directly by clicking here. They come on a sheet of 200 with 3 thicknesses: skinny (100ct), regular (50ct) and wide (50ct). The ones I used on today’s mani are the skinny and wide.  


Click to enlarge.

This design was a little easier in my head than it was actually doing it. Using the Vinyls is the easy part but I wanted to have the lines a bit uniformed so I had to place them a few times to get it right. In the end the pay off was worth it and I wound up with pretty clean lines. I used Zoya Solange from the Summer PixieDust collection to create my design. I did this very carefully so I didn't go off the vinyls on to the rest of the nail which is why I used the wide ones.

I can’t express how much I love these Nail Vinyls! They work like a million times better than scotch tape and striping tape ever did for me. They adhere to the nail so tight, but not too tight that they will ruin the manicure, giving a nice crisp clean edge. If you missed my previous reviews of Nail Vinyls with the other shapes I have tried click here and you will find those.


Direct Sunlight 


Oh, I almost forgot! Just for fun I added an extra little touch to this mani and used Zoya Kerry from the Irresistible collection, Solange’s non textured sister, to the underneath of my nails making this a twist on a Louboutin mani! I know Louboutins are usually red underneath but I wanted to have a little fun with this. 



You can purchase Nail Vinyls online at nailvinyls.storenvy.com. The straights retail for $6 a sheet or there is an option to purchase 3 sheets for $15. Prices and decal count vary between design.  

You can follow Linda of Nail Vinyls on these social media sites:
Instagram @teismom

The studs I used today can be found online directly at: bornprettystore.com They retail for $3.23 and as always Born Pretty has free world wide shipping!

Follow Born Pretty Store on these social media sites:
Twitter @bornprettystore
Facebook
Born Pretty Store Blog
YouTube

Use the code in the picture below to get 10% off your purchase at bornprettystore.com


Sorry for the lengthy post but I kind of fell in love with this mani and couldn't  decide on which photos to use! LOL Plus there were so many elements to it I didn't want to leave anything out!

I'll be back soon with more nail art goodies from the Born Pretty Store so keep an eye open for those!
♥ Gini ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...