Sassy Friends!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Polish TBH: "King's Cross", "Fainting Fancies" & "Floo Powder" from the Diagon Alley Pt. 2 Collection


Today I have a pretty cool  post for you. I always get so excited to show off indie polishes that were created for something that I have a passion for!  Last year Polish TBH released a set of 6 Harry Potter themed lacquers; the Diagon Alley Collection. Well Christian has been busy whipping up even more HP themed beauties! I now present to you half of Part 2 of the Diagon Alley Collection! 



King’s Cross: red, green & blue color shifting flakies and white and blue glitters in a light blue crelly base.
Shown as 3 coats, topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl



King’s Cross is a very beautiful soft shade, it is a bit on the sheer side but builds nicely to full opaqueness with the third coat. Though if you wanted to layer it I would recommend layering over white, light blue or  maybe even a medium to dark blue. Polish TBH always has excellent formulas, there was no dragging, pooling or flooding. The glitters come out easily and lay flush against the nail, settling nicely into the squishiness of the crelly base so no special top coat was needed. 


Fainting Fancies: a mix of yellow and pink glitters with a strong yellow shimmer in a clear base.
Shown as 1 coat over Sally Hansen Red Zin, topped with G&G HK Girl.



Fainting Fancies was one I was on the fence about since I have been steering clear of glitter toppers a lot recently. But just look at that shimmer!!! Holy amazingness! Surprisingly this one is my favorite of the three I’m showing you today! This is one of those glitter toppers that you can really wear with any color undie and it will take it to the next level! Just like King’s Cross, the formula was perfect and gave me no issues. 


Floo Powder: Gold flakies and charcoal glitters in a gray-green crelly base.
Shown as 3 coats, topped with G&G HKGirl.



Floo Powder is one I instantly fell in love with,  what can I say I have a weakness for funky greens.  That  murky green base with the golden flakies and those holographic glitters make this another favorite of mine. It was a tad more sheer than I thought it would be, but it did build nicely and became fully opaque on the third coat. Like King’s Cross and Fainting Fancies, the formula was excellent and gave me no issues at all. 


Part 2 of the Diagon Alley Collection will be available for presale tomorrow online at www.polishtbh.bigcartel.com. Presale will begin at 9:07PM EST and they will retail for $10 each.

What are your thoughts on these polishes? I personally love them and I'm going to try and snag the others from the collection to complete my set! 

You can also follow Polish TBH on these social media sites:

 Gini ♥

Picture Credit: Polish TBH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...