Sassy Friends!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Zoya Ultra Pixie Trio: Fall 2014


Hello loves and happy new year! I'm still trying to catch up on my Zoya posts! See, I started a new job recently. After not working for almost 3 years getting back into a normal schedule has been a difficult adjustment. Hopefully now that it's been a few weeks and the holidays are coming to an end I can really buckle down and get all my priorities situated! 

Anywho, today I have the Fall Ultra PixieDust trio to show you. 


I'm going to be perfectly honest here. If you've been following me and my blog for any amount of time now you know that I am a certified texture junkie! I love that finish just about as much as I do holographic polish, and I especially love Zoya textures. They've always been the best. Until now that is. 2 out of the 3 in this set missed the mark for me. 

Arianna: "Blue-toned red wine, textured PixieDust with Mega Hex Particles"
Shown here as 2 coats, no top or base coat. 

While this is a very pretty color, I didn't really get the matte sparkle I've come to expect from the Pixies. It was more of a squishy jelly finish and it made the glitters appear/feel less textured than I feel it should be. 




Oswin: "True red, textured PixieDust with Mega Hex Particles."
Shown as 2 coats, no top or base coat. 

Now this one did dry down matte and got that lovely crystallized sugary sparkle I love! It's definitely my favorite of the three. 




Noir: "Deep vampy plum, textured PixieDust with red Mega Hex Particles."
Shown as 3 coats, no top or base coat. 

Like Arianna, this dried like a jelly. I really do prefer my textures to dry matte, it just looks better to me. 




So overall, I wasn't thrilled with the finish of Arianna and Nior but Oswin was perfect. What are your thoughts on these textures? Do you mind the jelly finish or do you think it's a nice change? 

You can purchase these and other PixieDust shades online at www.zoya.com and your local Ulta where they retail for $10 each. As always Zoya polishes are Cruelty Free & 5FREE: free of formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, toluene and camphor. 

Follow Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments on the following social media links:
Twitter @ZoyaNailPolish
Instagram @zoyanailpolish

❤️ Gini ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...