Sassy Friends!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Zoya: Paradise Sun Summer 2015 Collection


Hi guys! Today I have the second Summer collection from Zoya to show you. I had planned on swatching these sooner but I know that we bloggers tend to post them all at once and then the blogging world seems to go into overload. This is why I decided to wait so they would serve as sort of a refresher, or as something kind of new if you happened to miss the storm of posts. Now let's jump right on into the photos! 

Aphrodite: described as "a vibrant summer red with a micronized pearl metallic finish".
Shown as 2 coats topped with Seche Vite.
 I had a hard time capturing this properly. The flakes in this are much more predominant than they appear in my photos, they are what make this more than just another red polish. It definitely has more of a jelly base then a metallic one. I had no issues with the formula or application, however I did notice that it dried down rather textured. Maybe a second coat of Seche would have smoothed it out.




Genesis: described as "a crystalline white with a micronized metallic pearl finish".
Shown as 3 coats topped with butter London Matte Finish.
I've heard that some have had issues with this being too "streaky, I didn't find it to be too bothersome. It did require an extra coat to cover any patchiness but that last coat did the trick. As soon as I put this on I knew that I had to matte this. Doesn't it look like fresh snow? Simply beautiful




Isa: described as a deep blue-based purple with a micronized metallic pearl finish".
Shown as 2 coats topped with Seche Vite.
I had the most difficult time trying to get color accurate photos of this beauty for you all. I took light box photos but they turned out way too navy. Thankfully there was still a little bit of daylight left and it wasn't a gloomy day. These are actually pretty accurate, the flakes in this blurple base shift blue to a pink-purple making the base take on a more royal purple glow that you can really see along the outside of the nails. This is possibly one of my favorite Zoya's of all.The formula is perfect, no flooding, pooling, balding or thickening during application. 




May: described as "a warm magenta pink with a micronized metallic pearl finish".
Shown as 2 coats topped with butter London Matte Finish.
Now May not be the most unique shade of pink but the flakes in the base are amazing, Zoya really does the flakie type bases well. After doing half of these matte I kind of wish I had done them all just to show off those beautiful flakes. Again there was no issue with the formula/application. 




Oceane: described as "a true turquoise with a micronized metallic pearl finish".
Shown as 3 coats topped with Seche Vite.
This is the only one of the collection that I say is actually a metallic finish. I think Zoya's definition of "metallic" is a little off most of the time as you can see in these swatches, but they do hit the nail on the head on occasion and this is one of those times. Like the others it has a fantastic formula, actually it was almost a 1 coater.




Selene: described as " a true teal with a micronized metallic pearl finish".
Shown as 2 coats topped with butter London Matte Finish.
This one leans more green than I was expecting it to, still teal but leaning green. Talk about packed FULL of flakie goodness! The formula was superb, no issues to report. 




My Top Picks
Genesis 
Isa
May

What are your thoughts on this collection? Which are your favorites?
You can purchase the Paradise Sun Collection online at www.zoya.com and your local Ulta where they retail for $9 each. As always Zoya polishes are Cruelty Free & 5FREE: free of formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, toluene and camphor. 

Follow Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments on the following social media sites:
Twitter @ZoyaNailPolish
Instagram @zoyanailpolish

❤️ Gini ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...